Most people would agree that any product with a “2.0” or a “Plus” label on it is an upgrade, a fix to customer complaints, maybe an implementation of ideas invented post-release. More often than not, life testing and product usage reveal small improvements that need to be made to extend the life of a product. This is a product life cycle. But there are exceptions to every rule.
Claypaky’s Sharpy Plus isn’t a “part two” fixture. It’s not an improvement, it’s a key player. Sharpy Plus is a completely new fixture built from the industry’s demand for a high-quality hybrid beam/spot, and their excellence with the original Sharpy product that became a world class icon of design. A more powerful light source at 330W (the original Sharpy was a 190W, measuring about 60,000 lux at 20 meters), a drastically excellent zoom range, and smoothness across all aspects of construction, movements, and appearance.
Beam Plus Spot Plus More
Sharpy Plus is a true two-for-one beam/spot fixture with almost twice the lamp power of the Sharpy. Sharpy Plus provides a super-bright Beam Mode very reminiscent of the original Sharpy look, but with more power; and a Spot Mode that turns the Sharpy Plus into a full-fledged genuine spot. Both modes benefit from the Sharpy Plus’ 3-36° zoom range. Plus a unique color system.
- Rotating gobo wheel, 8 interchangeable glass gobos
- Static gobo wheel, 18 fixed gobos, 6 of which are beam reducers (down to 0.5°)
- 4-facet and 8-facet prisms
- Dynamic animation disc
- Linear soft-edge frost
- Fast movements
- CMY mixing, plus 15 static colors on 3 wheels
- 2 CTO filters (2500°K and 3200°K)
- 31 DMX channels, one profile
- Switching power supply, PowerCON True1 port in/thru
- RDM, Art-Net, webserver protocols
- DMX512 and Ethernet ports for control
- Lamp Source: 330W Osram Sirius X8 HRI
- Modes: Beam, Spot
- Output: 300,000 lux @10m (Beam Mode)
- Size: 25” x 15.9” x 14.8” (HxWxD)
- Weight: 50.7 lbs.